62 people as wealthy as half of world's population

62 people as wealthy as half of world’s population

62 people as wealthy as half of world’s population

Only 62 people own half of the world’s population’s wealth. That means, only 1% of people own as much wealth as the other of 99% of people have. A charity organization, Oxfam has informed this report on Sunday. The report has been published on the eve of the gathering of the World’s Economical Forum in Davos, Switzerland this week.

The report, entitled, ‘An economy of 1%’ stated that, the vast gap between poor and rich has increased in the last year. In 2011, 388 richest people had the same wealth as approximately 3.5 billion of the world. But in the very next year, this number started to decrease. That time the vast wealth owned just 177 people. In 2014 and 2015, that number dropped of 80 and 62 respectively.

The report said that, the wealth of the poorest 50% decreased by 41%, despite of increasing the global population of 400 million between 2010 and 2015. During the same period, the wealth of the super-rich 62 people increased by 500 billion to 1.76 trillion. This American charity organization has called for action to world’s leaders to reduce the inequality between rich and poor.

Al – Jazeera declared to stop in the USA

Next Story »

ISIS reduces their salary 50 percent

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *